SHOWING YOUR SUPPORT ON SOCIAL MEDIA
TAKE A PICTURE OR SHOOT A VIDEO OF YOUR BUSINESS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA
- A great way to connect with the campaign’s audience is to upload an audio-visual introduction on what makes your business special, interesting, or important to your community.
- To make a great video, it needs to be between 30 and 60 seconds long at a maximum (you can refer to the small business stories on the GO LOCAL FIRST website for examples of a narrative, which is what to say).
- You could choose to film it in selfie-style yourself or ask a friend to film the video for you.
- For Facebook or Instagram stories, if your video is 15 seconds or less, film it in‘portrait’ style.
- For Facebook or Instagram stories longer than 15 seconds, film it in ‘landscape’ style.
- For static images or photos to use on either Facebook or Instagram, you should use ‘landscape’ format.
- Practice a few times until you achieve the result you are happy with, keep things dynamic by moving around or asking your staff / family / friends to ‘bomb’ or ‘drop into screen view’ from behind, or show us around your business.
- By doing this and sending us videos, you will be showcasing and promoting your business to thousands of Australians, providing the personal behind-the-scenes look which most Australians find compelling about small local businesses.
If you are unsure about how to do this, please send us an email at email@example.com and a member of our digital team will be able to help you through the process and find the best way toBack to Business Tips